- January 16, 2016 at 4:41 am #11540
Tell us all the things you love about being childfree!
- January 16, 2016 at 5:49 am #11541
I love that I have the time and energy to chase my dreams!
- January 17, 2016 at 4:27 am #11619
Having total control over my life!!
- January 18, 2016 at 1:31 am #11644
- January 18, 2016 at 2:36 pm #11645
I’m only responsible for my life, no one else’s. If times get tough, or things don’t work out, it only affects me, no one else.
- January 19, 2016 at 3:22 am #11661
- January 19, 2016 at 11:14 pm #11673
Freedom. Quiet. Solidarity. If I’m broke, I only have to worry about how I’m going to feed myself and my pets, not a kid who’s probably the reason I’m broke. Finally, will not be weighed down with intense regret.
- January 21, 2016 at 2:26 am #11678
@rumskittles – very great reasons, especially the one about being broke!
@taylorashleyd – I love naps!!!!
@mrtydh – definitely a responsible reason!
@ravenclaw – freedom is probably one of the most amazing aspects!
- January 21, 2016 at 1:14 pm #11691
And weekend naps.
- May 14, 2016 at 12:42 pm #11896
These are not in any particular order
1) Financial freedom. Though my husband and I have good incomes, we’re able to put more away for a rainy day.
2) Sleep. I get 8 hours a night.
3) Travel. Usually whenever we want to. Last minute weekend getaways? Doable. Lengthy business trips? Generally not a problem.
4) Sex. Whenever we want to. More passionate. More spontaneous. More creative. And I think it’s better because I’m infertile (think about it–I don’t have to worry about any “oopsies”).
5) Other people’s kids. I love being the “cool aunt”. I like babysitting my friends’ kids when my friends need a night out. I like other peoples’ children–especially when I can give them back!
6) Freedom to pursue our passions. My husband and I both have day jobs. But his passion is photography and mine is music. He does freelance photography on the side and I do the occasional session work (I play bass).
- September 17, 2016 at 1:45 am #11918
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.