Home Forums Everything to do with being childfree What do you love most about being childfree?

This topic contains 11 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of admin admin 9 months, 1 week ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Keymaster

Tell us all the things you love about being childfree!

Profile photo of Countrygirl
    Countrygirl
    Keymaster

I love that I have the time and energy to chase my dreams!

Profile photo of Countrygirl
    Lylah

Having total control over my life!!

Profile photo of Ravenclaw
    Ravenclaw
    Participant

Freedom!

Profile photo of Marty
    Marty
    Participant

I’m only responsible for my life, no one else’s. If times get tough, or things don’t work out, it only affects me, no one else.

Profile photo of Ashley Taylor
    Ashley Taylor
    Participant

Naps.

Profile photo of Vivika
    Vivika
    Participant

Freedom. Quiet. Solidarity. If I’m broke, I only have to worry about how I’m going to feed myself and my pets, not a kid who’s probably the reason I’m broke. Finally, will not be weighed down with intense regret.

Profile photo of admin
      admin
      Keymaster

@rumskittles – very great reasons, especially the one about being broke!

@taylorashleyd – I love naps!!!!

@mrtydh – definitely a responsible reason!

@ravenclaw – freedom is probably one of the most amazing aspects!

• This reply was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by Profile photo of admin admin.
      • This reply was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by Profile photo of admin admin.
    Profile photo of Crystal
    Crystal
    Participant

Life!

And weekend naps.

Profile photo of SusanDi
    SusanDi
    Participant

These are not in any particular order

1) Financial freedom. Though my husband and I have good incomes, we’re able to put more away for a rainy day.
    2) Sleep. I get 8 hours a night.
    3) Travel. Usually whenever we want to. Last minute weekend getaways? Doable. Lengthy business trips? Generally not a problem.
    4) Sex. Whenever we want to. More passionate. More spontaneous. More creative. And I think it’s better because I’m infertile (think about it–I don’t have to worry about any “oopsies”).
    5) Other people’s kids. I love being the “cool aunt”. I like babysitting my friends’ kids when my friends need a night out. I like other peoples’ children–especially when I can give them back!
    6) Freedom to pursue our passions. My husband and I both have day jobs. But his passion is photography and mine is music. He does freelance photography on the side and I do the occasional session work (I play bass).

Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Keymaster

@susanbassplayer

I love your list of reasons. They’re all fantastic!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.