Home Forums The people I “mother” Are there children in your life that you help take care of?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of admin admin 8 months, 1 week ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Keymaster

Maybe you’re an aunt, a godmother, or close with a friend’s child. Tell us about it!

Profile photo of Lindsay
    Lindsay
    Participant

I help take care of my niece. I love her but let me tell you I was on the fence about kids before – nope. nope can’t do it. Sis keeps telling me how great I am with her and how I’ll be an even more amazing mom when I have my own kids… uhhh…. nope, difference is when I’ve had enough I get to leave thanks!

Profile photo of Vivika
    Vivika
    Participant

I help take care of my niece also. She’s 3, very irritating. When I first came along, she threw tantrums for everything and mum gave in just to get her to be quiet. I had to teach mum how to parent, which is a sad concept in and of itself. She throws fewer tantrums now, however the entire prospect of child rearing is utterly impossible. I must wake up more than an hour early before work (before 6am) to take the kid to daycare. I cannot spontaneously take mum out to the movies or just out and about at random; must plan a week ahead so someone is around to watch the kid. She cannot communicate properly, mum seems ‘forgetful’ when it comes to potty training, which makes the entire bathroom stink of lingering waste.
    Children are useless.
    They make anxiety grow.
    There is no such thing as this ‘it’ that parents keep insisting the trials and children are worth.
    I’m about to snap, but I have to stay for now. If anything, I’m getting good inspiration for terrible stories.

Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Keymaster

I definitely feel you @meowmixer I have a young niece and nephew that I adore and they adore me. I’m really great with them but I’m also really ready to leave when our outings are over. The thing is they’re not even bad kids, they’re actually pretty decent, but they’re still exhausting and so much work.

Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Keymaster

@rumskittles I love that you’re getting inspiration for terrible stories; that made me laugh so hard! I know my niece and nephew have definitely inspired some of my ‘Reasons I’m childfree’ posts lol

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.